Govanhill Baths Community Trust has a new vacancy for a Bookkeeper. Job description and application process are described below and can also be downloaded as a PDF: Download Job Description
Start and Finish: 1st September 2018- 31st March 2020
Salary: £15 an hour
Hours: 15hrs a month. (self employed)
GBCT are looking for a part time skilled Bookkeeper to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments. Bookkeeper job duties include working closely with GBCT team to create and analyse financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices and tax payments.
Responsible for maintaining the financial records of GBCT by accurately recording the day to day financial transactions of both companies, including:
- Prepare accounts to bank reconciliation
- Submit quarterly VAT returns to HMRC.
- Process invoices, bank payments, income etc
- Oversee Retail Shop takings and bank
- Make supplier payments
- Produce monthly cashflow
- Maintain complete filing system to support funding records
- Preparing wages/payroll and managing claims for expenses Helping to prepare annual accounts
- Must have experience with using Sage. Govanhill Baths uses Sage Instant Account Plus.
- High levels of professionalism and organisational skills
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements
- Bookkeeping certification
- Working in a social enterprise
- An associate degree in accounting, finance or business an advantage
Applications: Applications for the post must be made by submitting a covering letter, on not more than 2 sides of A4 using Arial 12 point, outlining how you meet the required skills and why you would like the post. Please also provide details of two referees. CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on the 27th July 2018
Return by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return by post: Fatima Uygun, Trust Manager, 99 Calder street, G42 7RA
Interviews: Candidates selected for interview will be notified on the 31st July 2018.
Interviews will take place on Monday 6th August 2018. Please be aware that GBCT cannot accommodate interviews outside of this date.