Rags to Riches, our award-winning upcycling project, is looking for a Manager for our new retail outlet. A full job description and details of how to apply are included below.
Rags to Riches Retail Manager
Start and Finish: 26th February 2018 – 30th February 2020
Salary: £23,800 plus 3% pension
Hours: Full time. 35 Hours, Flexible working shifts around a six day week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday 10am-5pm, Thursday and Friday 10am-7pm.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Govanhill Baths Community Trust (GBCT) for a customer focused, dynamic and passionate Retail Manager to join our Rags to Riches new Upcycling Outlet in Victoria Road, Govanhill.
The successful candidate will have experience in managing a Retail Outlet and extensive knowledge of the Upcycling Sector in Scotland
The Rags to Riches Retail Manager, will report directly to the Rags to Riches Manager and be responsible for delivering the commercial excellence of our new Retail Outlet. They will be the role model for exceptional customer service and through inspirational leadership develop your team of staff and volunteers to be ambassadors for Rags to Riches and the Scottish Upcycling sector. They will combine experience, commercial insight and excellent visual merchandising skills to continually grow the success of Rags to Riches and the Scottish Upcycling Network.
- Responsible for the operational and financial management of the Retail Outlet
- Manage the creation of practical workloads for staff and volunteers
- Responsible for online marketing and sales of products, events and courses
- Work with the Project Manager and Product Development Manager to procure stock
- Reporting insights into customer buying patterns
- Work with the Project Manager to increase sales and grow the Retail Outlet and the Scottish Upcycling Network
- Responsible, under the terms of the Trust policies and relevant legislation, for providing a safe working environment that is conducive to the well-being of employees, volunteers and contractors.
- Stay abreast with and ensure that the Trust operates in accordance with developments in legislation relevant to its work.
- Experience working as a Retail Manager
- Experience in working within or knowledge of the Upcycling sector
- Managed turnovers of at least £50k per year
- Experience in online marketing and sales of merchandise
- Experience in working with an accounting system such as Sage
- Will have managed a small to medium sized team of staff and/or volunteers
- Strong creative visual experience/aesthetic
- Extensive knowledge of/or experience of working within a deprived community
- High levels of professionalism and organisational skills
- Managing a social enterprise
- Aware of issues of racism, cultural, ethnic and religious diversity
- Drivers Licence
Applications: CVs will not be accepted. Applications for the post must be made by:-
- Completing the Application Form, and;
- Covering letter, on not more than 1 side of A4 using Arial 12 point, outlining how you meet the required skills and why you would like the post.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on the 9th of February 2018
Return by email- email@example.com
Return by post- Nadine Gorency, Rags to Riches Manager, 99 Calder street, G42 7RA
Interviews: Candidates selected for interview will be notified on the 12th of February. Interviews will take place on 16th February. Please be aware that unfortunately GBCT cannot accommodate interviews outside of this date.
Employment commencing: Monday the 26th of February 2018
This project is part financed by the European Social Fund and Scottish Government under the Social Economy Growth Fund