Woodwork: Half day bench rental (Friday 2nd June 1pm-4pm)
Have you been trying to get your own project off the ground, yet just don’t have the space? You can now hire a workshop bench in the woodwork studio to work on your own projects!
We are trialling a new service of hiring out workbenches in our woodwork studio for community members to use short term, or longer term.
Gain access to our space and library of tools, where our knowledgeable woodworking facilitators William and Anna will be on hand to provide useful making tips and tricks.
Please note: To use the workshop you will first have to undergo an induction to our space, tools and machinery
What we can provide;
- – Full induction to all workshop machine tools, provided as your first session
- – Small project storage on a temporary basis
- – Support and guidance from on-site facilitators
- – Access to electrical hand and bench tools (after induction)
After your induction you will have access to our library of tools including;
- – Table saw
- – Thicknesser
- – Band saw
- – Pillar drill
- – Table router
- – Hand router
- – Belt sander
- – Chop saw
- – Jigsaws
- – Electric drills
- – Electric sanders
- – Hand tools e.g hammers, set squares, tape measures etc
Please note the following items are not included within a session membership;
- – Access to materials or consumables e.g. wood, screws, sand paper
- – Scrap wood can be bought from our workshop for a small fee along with additional screws and sandpaper
- – Dust masks – these can be bought from Screwfix, (we recommend the JSP brand with replaceable filters) and can be stored in the workshop
- – Disposable dust masks will cost £2 each. We encourage you to use your own to reduce mask waste.
Dates & Times
We aim to offer up bench rentals every second Friday morning, but this is subject to change due to staffing.
Friday 2nd June – 13:00PM – 16:00PM
If you want to hire a bench at another time please contact or book for several weeks? Email email@example.com
6 in stock
Hire a bench in our community woodwork workshop at The Deep End, 21 Nithsdale Street, Glasgow, G41 2PZ.
Access the venue via the slope which has the sign ‘The Deep End’ at the top. Walk down the slope to the courtyard which is where you’ll find us. Please arrive 10 minutes before the workshop begins, so you can get settled and comfortable.
For any questions regarding this workshop, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.