Govanhill Baths Community Trust (GBCT)
GBCT respects the privacy of every individual who visits this website. If you provide us with contact details, for example by filling in the contact form, we will not use the information for any other purpose, nor will we disclose it to any third party.
We would ask that you read the Terms & Conditions section to familiarise yourself with conditions which apply to all site users.
Please contact us if you have any further queries.
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
GBCT – including its projects
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the GDPR)
Who are we?
GBCT is the data controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
GBCT complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date;
- by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data;
- by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To administer membership records;
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
- To operate the GBCT website
- To deliver training, resources, support and respond to individuals who have requested these services and information.
- To inform individuals of our news, events, activities or services related to GBCT it’s projects and membership
- To contact members via surveys to conduct research about their organisation, their opinions of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Article 6 processing
- Consent of the data subject:
- membership form completion
- volunteer form completion
- Participant registration completion
- govanhillbaths.com What’s On consent form
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
- Employment Contracts
- Contractor Contracts
- Volunteer Contracts
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation;
- OSCR requires that we “Keep registers of charity trustees and of members “
- Processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of the data controller or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of the data subject.
- The GBCT Constitution states “the board must ensure that a register of
members is kept, setting out for each current member;
- The organisations/individuals full name and address
- The date on which they registered as a member of the organisation
- Former member records must be retained for 6 years from the date they ceased to be a member”
- Grant Funding reporting and monitoring requirements state that “the Grantee must
keep and maintain for a period of 6 years adequate and proper records and books of account”
GBCT does not process or hold any Special Categories of Personal Data as per Article 9
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with other organisations to comply with a legitimate interest or a legal obligation i.e OSCR or funders.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary but for a period of 5 years in order to comply with our funding obligations.
HR data is kept for a period of at least 6 years following the termination of employment; some personal financial data will be destroyed after 2 years; Health and Safety information must be held for a minimum of 40 years.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption [under the GDPR], you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which GBCT holds about you;
- The right to request that GBCT corrects any personal data if it is found to be
inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for GBCT to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, known as the right to data portability, (where applicable)
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable)
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
- Transfer of Data Abroad. If the personal data is to be transferred to countries or territories outside the EU you must include details of how the data will be protected, together with details of how to obtain copies of the relevant safeguards.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org