Fishing is more than just a fun way to spend an afternoon, it is a great tool to help you to become happier and healthier. Here are the top 6 ways that fly fishing is good for your health:
1. It keeps you moving, its exercise that doesnt cause you pain.
2. It helps you to relax- Getting away from the daily stresses of life, even for just a few hours, can help you to recharge your batteries and relax.
3. It lowers your blood pressure.
4. It promotes dexterity- Everything about fishing, from attaching your hooks to casting your line, can help to keep your hands, wrists, and forearms nimble.
5. It gets your outside- Being outdoors gives you an opportunity to get out in the sunshine and breathe fresh air. Your body will thank you for the additional oxygen and vitamin D!
6. You catch your own dinner!
No one would pretend that fishing could replace regular trips to the gym or eating healthy, but its mental and physical benefits are a great start to becoming a healthier, happier you.
The 10 week course will teach every beginner everything you need to know about fly fishing, from preparing your own flys to casting. Why not sign up now. Contact Jim at Govanhill Baths Community Trust