A minimum of 11 hours a week, £9.50 per hour (£5,434 per annum)
(£18,525 full time equivalent)
Plus a 4% pension
04 July 2021 until the 31 March 2022
The People’s Pantry is a membership-led shop offering an alternative way for people facing food insecurity or food inequalities access to the food and essentials they need. The Pantry is part of Govanhill Baths Community Trust, a grassroots activist-based organisation in the heart of Govanhill delivering wide ranging health, wellbeing, arts, environmental and heritage projects.
The Pantry Driver will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including:
- Transporting food from a variety of warehouses, stores and supermarkets to the People’s Pantry.
- Loading and checking the Pantry van and reporting any defects.
- Following the planned pick-up and delivery route and schedule.
- Driving in a safe, conscientious and courteous manner.
- Working with a small team of staff and volunteers.
- Carrying heavy boxes of canned foods.
- Delivering and collecting for other GBCT initiatives as required.
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact Hannah Mackintosh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be required to outline, by referring to the job description, their relevant experience, qualifications and information as to why they believe they are the right person for the post.
Format: No more than 1 side of A4 paper using 12 point font.
Applications should be made via email and marked ‘Pantry Driver: Confidential’ and emailed to email@example.com.
Deadline: Applications must be in by 9am Monday 28th of June 2021.
Interviews: Wednesday 30th June 2021.
The Trust conforms to all the requirements of the Equality Act and its Duties under Positive Action. Applicants from members of minority/members of protected characteristic groups are particularly invited to apply.
Click to download job description (PDF)