Rags to Riches Business Development and Marketing Officer (p/t)
Salary: £14 per hour
Hours: 16 hours a week for 6 months from 13 May to 14 October 2019
Start Date: Monday 13th May 2019
Are you interested in working in one of the most innovative, exciting environmental projects in the Scotland? For the past 6 years Rags to Riches has developed and delivered a range of innovative upcycling projects? Today we have become a leader in the upcycling field delivering innovation, social and environmental change.
We are looking for a creative Business Development and Marketing Officer with extensive experience in business development to help us communicate our message, help people access our upcycling services and products, and importantly, grow the business across Scotland into a self sustaining social enterprise.
- Deliver a robust business plan for the project with the aim of growing the business over the next 5 years
- Producing and implementing an effective marketing strategy to secure markets for Rags to Riches products and services
- Preparing, planning and project managing the publication of all publicity material to maximise R2R brand and products promotion
- Planning and project managing marketing events and evaluating their success
- Have a good track record and extensive experience in business development role along with extensive experience in a marketing role
- Strong and confident communicator
- Excellent copywriting skills and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, and other graphic design software
- Be able to take direction and communicate effectively at all levels
- Confident person who is self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Be pro-active, approachable innovative and analytical
- Energetic, passionate, driven individual capable of delivering a wide range of projects at pace.
- Have strong written and communications skills
- The role will require travel within Glasgow and outwith
- Knowledge or interest of upcycling sector
Applications: Please send us a CV and a Covering Letter, on not more than 1 side of A4 using Arial 12 point, outlining how you meet the required skills and why you would like the post.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on the Friday 12 April 2019
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 24 April 2019. Please be aware that unfortunately GBCT cannot accommodate interviews via Skype or outside of this date.
Return by email – email@example.com
Return by post- Nadine Gorency, Rags to Riches Manager, GBCT, 126 Calder Street, Glasgow G42 7QP
This project is part financed by the European Social Fund and Scottish Government under the Social Economy Growth Fund.