Govanhill Baths Community Trust offers a range of classes that aim to enhance the wellbeing of participants in a number of ways, including: improving physical and mental health; providing creative outlets for skills development and enhancement; facilitate employment opportunities; generate positive social networks; and, improve community cohesion.
For the 2018-2019 period, our evaluation report showed:
- During the 2018-2019 period, statistical data revealed that:
- 436 people took part in the Wellbeing Programme
- A shift away from younger participants, with a large increase in those aged 35-39
- A significant increase in participants with a disability or health condition
- Almost double the number of LGBT participants
- An increase in participants who are students
- An increase in participants from outwith the immediate community
- Wellbeing scores were significantly different between the start and end of each workshop block, signalling an overall improvement in the wellbeing of attendees.
- Participant responses revealed that workshops were well-received and positively regarded.