Govanhill International Festival and Carnival is back – and it’s bigger and better than ever! A sensational celebration of multiculturalism in Scotland’s most diverse community. The festival will be an exciting mix of music, dance, food, history, sports, and games.
The full Festival programme is now available to pick up in the Baths, or you can view it online or download as a PDF
Highlights of the Festival include:
- Parade Celebrate our unique community with local dancers, drummers, singers, schools, community groups, and religious groups as we weave through Govanhill
- Music Music will be heard at a host of gigs and concerts including: Dohl drummers and bhangra music in Queens Park; folk music at the Soup, Song and Swally; reggae and soul nights in the Rum Shack; and, karaoke in the park if you want to join in yourself!
- Kite Festival The skies will brighten as the children of Govanhill fly traditional Afghan kites they have made
- Local History Learn about the history of Jewish, Irish and Roma migration to Govanhill with talks from experts
- Food Go on a culinary tour of Govanhill and experience flavours from the far corners of the world
- Sport Join the fun and get active at the community sports day with a football festival, soft archery, cricket and human foosball
Celebrate diversity, community and culture – get involved in the Govanhill International Carnival and Festival 2018.
For more information, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com or phoning 0141 433 2999.